Pages

I'm actually excited for this year's release.

Sunday, March 11, 2012
So I've been hard at work, designing and really taking it slower than before. Instead of cranking out like 30 designs a day like I used to, I'm more cranking 1 or 2 every 3 days or so. I'm really taking the time out and looking at what direction I want my line to be, and what message am I trying to send with each piece.

I'm no longer doing the whole "well, this idea is dope, so I'm a design it!" no it's more so "well, my brand stands for this, it means that, so I'm going to design and build each design accordingly". I'm doing it right.

I was talking to my brother about the folks I used to deal with. I was telling him about how they were always just rushing their processes trying to get a quick buck. But to me, and I'm sure I'm atleast 80% right, a quick buck doesn't have any lasting power. I mean yeah, you'll make money for a certain time period, but you're not going to have a company bringing in good revenue consistently if you're all about the quick buck.

I'm not about the quick buck, I'm all about creating a brand, that will be consistent and one that will always strive to bring new stuff to the table. I mean, I hope to bring in 6 digits a year consistently. You don't get there going the "quick buck" route. Atleast that's how I feel. But it still isn't an excuse to be slow on things, because even though I'm taking my time this time around, I still want to get back in the market as soon as humanly possible. I will for sure have to spend some serious $$$ to do it, but fuck it, I'm going all out on it this time around, all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment