Pages

A Higher Level Pt.2 - Our Own Rules

Wednesday, March 14, 2012
-"...This Time, When I play this game, I'll be playing by my own rules"- 


I remember playing little games with all my friends and other neighborhood kids. We'd play tag, freeze tag, dance tag, hide and seek, hide in plain sight but in the dark, Tackle-loco (which is tag, but with a football but instead everyone but the ball carrier is it), and pretty much any type of variant of tag you could think of.


I remember whoever started the game, or rather, whoever's house we were at, was the unofficial captain of the damn game. This meant they could make up and/or revise the rules however they see fit. Which usually ended up in fights, because fuck your rules. Why do you get to have a say in whatever I do and however I play? Then, those of who get pissed up, would just go back to our own respective front yards and play our own games and play by our own rules.

And that's why, as of this morning after a pretty decent workout outside, I declare that I seriously play by my  own rules. I'm for real this time. Everything I do, will be done because I think and believe it is the right thing to do. I will do those things and make decisions based on how much will benefit my company and my team and future employees. My rules, I make them, I play by them and I will change them however I see fit. There will be no more, "hey what do you guys think of this?" or no more "hey, do you think this is a smart move?". I'm a smart person, who has always done his own due diligence and research, so I think I am smart enough to know whether it's good or not; or whether it's smart or not.

-Stress Is Like Allowing That Annoying Bratty Little Kid Affect You With His Little Childish Words-

Seriously, I've been letting that annoying little shit's words affect me for years now. What the hell, dude? After I  came to that realization while meditating in the woods in my backyard, it really woke up like a smack to the face. Like someone throwing searingly hot coffee on my crotch. I really smartened up on the spot. I amazed myself, really.

Even in life, I am going to commit to playing by my own rules. I'm not going to let anybody make my decisions for me, and I certainly won't let anyone pester me into going their way. For one, when I get up in the morning, I will tell myself I will play by my own rules today and everyday after it. It's like a drug addict in the 12 steps program, every day they quit today. There really is no I quit a week ago and I'm still going good. No, it's more like I quit a week ago, I quit yesterday, I quit today and I will quit tomorrow and day after that and so on and so forth. I will be like that, every day I will start to play my own rules.


-If You Have To Ask, Then We Aren't For You-

Okay, so I've been working on my clothing company's new image, new brand, and new mission statement. I finally came to terms with it all. I won't lie, though I am seriously excited about the new image and re-launch,  I was little nervous about it, because I know I will have to answer questions and always put forward what we are about. But now I'm not anymore, I'm ready.

I know a lot up and coming brands are trying to push this exclusivity thing based on their limited quantities, which is cool, but I will be going about it a different way. A different method. Sure, we will have limited quantities, which is just smart for us at the moment due to our budgeting and overhead costs, but I won't really mention that. It's mainy because, one day, I do want to wholesale my products to different retailers, though only selected retailers,  but nonetheless I do want to wholesale. But really what I will do is be of a sort of snobby variety, like if you have to ask what this means, then we aren't for you or If you have to ask how much or why our products cost more than other brands, then we aren't for you . And that's not pretentious, because I sure as hell ain't pretendin'. I'm really serious about it, and due to past experiences of trying to please everyone, I know for sure I will 100% real behind it. I'm not going to claim I"m super exclusive, or that we're better than others. What I am claiming is we have our own culture, our own image, our own following so if you're with it, get the fuck out our way. It's like a Lamborghini dealer, if you walk up in there, asking how much the Aventador or Murcielago is, or that you're not into exotics you just wanted to know what it's all about, then you will promptly asked to leave. That's us, that's who we are, we're about luxury, success and simplicity so if you're not about that, then please get the fuck out of our store and get off of our website.

If You Have To Ask, Then Sorry, We Aren't For You.

No comments:

Post a Comment