Pages

Applying Pressure...

Sunday, March 25, 2012
Even though I've known this already, I guess I can say that I'm re-learning this lesson.

-You Have To Be An Asshole To Achieve Millions- 


Not being an asshole per se. Not the kick-the-dog for no reason asshole. But a more of a I'll-be-completely-honest-with-you-and-I-don't-care-if-I-make-you-mad-or-hurt-your-feelings kind of asshole. You know the ones that actually say what's on their minds and doesn't lie to avoid confrontation. Even though I've done and said my share of asshole-ish things, I have to admit that much of it was unjustified and was just for the sake of being an asshole. That for which I apologize to those who were affected by it. 


But I mean more so being the one that just really gets the message across of what I really want and if I don't get how I want, then I apologize that we couldn't work out a deal. I think I got caught up in the hype before and just went with whatever I assumed was going to work. I've always been known to run blindly into things when I was younger, but I thought I'd have grown out of it. But I suppose that some habits are just very hard to break.

So I got caught up in the hype and just rolled with whatever these fools wanted to do. My how foolish have I become. But it is okay because I at least noticed this problem before I got too deep into it. But it still pisses me off from time to time which is the reason I talk about this often.

After seeing this rapper sort of go through something similar with music rights and such, but on a higher level, meaning there was big $$$ involved, I know now that I really have to treat this as what it is: a business. I need written NDA's and things of that nature. Contracts, I need to bind you, so if you don't deliver, then lawyers get involved.

I know I'm not the best....yet, but I need to protect the intellectual property I do have and protect the little talents and skills I do possess. You can't own talent and skill...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment