Pages

New Idea: Flaws Don't exist.

Monday, March 5, 2012
                                     "You must do the thing which you think you cannot do." -Eleanor Roosevelt.

I truly believe that, last year, one of the things I did wrong, was trying to please everyone. Which in business, can be the ultimate sin. Those who seek to impress everyone, are usually those who go broke with nothing to show for. I know that now, Definitely a lesson learned. I can only try my best to avoid doing that again.

I think what many of the most successful clothing brands do, is find a target and constantly aim for that target, sniper rifle. What I was doing was just shooting at a bunch of targets, sprayin' and prayin' I hit something, machine gun. Now I know what to do, how to do it.

I know my target: People who are into streetwear, but like sleek, elegant designs, that can be either worn while being out and about, or worn in the VIP section of a nightclub. Young entrepreneurs and Young executives in the making. Guys my age who see themselves holding a Maybach key.

I'm going to keep hitting that target. If you don't like our products, they are not for you, sorry. Oh you want flamboyant colors and loud colors, sorry we do not do that.

If someone asks "hey, do you do Crewneck sweaters?" I will say "Sure do, stay tuned, we're rolling some out on the next delivery". Someone asks, "hey do you do teal shirts with pink designs?" I'll say "sorry, we do not do those". Calmly and reject those who say I should do things that I may not want to do.

I'm sure people tell mr. Cupcakes, or the guys who own the Hundreds, what they should make. I"m sure they make what they want to make.

Flaws don't exist. Either I do something or I don't. I may want to do hoodies but no crewneck sweaters, but I may want to do crewneck sweaters and no hoodies, or maybe I want to do both. Doesn't matter.

Nothing is impossible, my brand will do some epic shit, I know it just takes time,persistence, and most of all, hard work. Fortunately, I"m not alien to any of those.

I just now have to figure out what type of events and tradeshows I want to hit up. I'll save that for next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment