Pages

Stressed, but I feel BRAND NEW!

Sunday, March 4, 2012
I had posted some long ass statuses to my facebook account (did I tell you how Facebook can bring out the evil in everyone?). Everyone knows, that when it's a long ass wall of text, it's usually pretty bad. Only mine wasn't bad, it was just me venting at the shortcomings of my business. I had helped a couple of people with some free design work, just to build a portfolio and a rapport, and one of those who I've helped is doing pretty well for a guy our age. But this guy, has no business knowledge, no plans on how to expand and really grow his business, none of that. Here I am, a book nerd, I study everything from business to even textiles, and here I am making shit profit, hell it's not even profit, but shit revenue. I am appreciative of the business I am receiving, but damn it, seeing my friend making hand over fist off of something that I practically made for him, kinda depressed me. I wasn't even mad, just depressed. I didn't want his money, not at all. But when he private messaged me, just bragging about much he was making and how much he was blowing away on gambling and stuff, just rubbed me the wrong way. I felt molested almost. Never once was there a credit or public appreciation to me for helping out. It was my fault 100% for sending him the design, I was just helping a friend out.

What's funny is, I know things aren't always going be VIP and Bottle service for him due to his ignorance of how business works and I seriously doubt he has good foresight, but I'd be lying if I said that it didn't bother me. He's got the big head. He's livin' large. Good for him, I'll clap for him, I"m the guy who's an entrepreneur at heart, who's actually doing his due diligence to actually try and construct a legitimate business.


But I will admit, just because I am passionate about it and I obsess over it, doesn't necessarily mean that I deserve it or I am entitled to it. It's like the girls who want that diamond ring so bad, or better yet, the Football player who thinks, just because he wants it more than the other player, he deserves that ring. He's gotta actually play like he wants that damn ring. 

I feel like I am playing like I want that ring. But I guess, my ring hasn't come yet, so therefore I should keep playing with all I got. I won't give up, no doubt about it, but I feel like a loser that I don't get to flaunt my cash around like my friend is doing, not that I am that type of person, but damn it, I'd like to from time to time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment