Pages

I Like Being Under Appreciated

Monday, March 12, 2012
-I Like Being Under Appreciated-
Seriously, no sarcasm involved!  I enjoy when people expect me to always be there and I enjoy when they always assume I'm doing to do whatever they request or desire. Because it enables to disappoint them greatly. When you always assume and expect me to be your little personal whatever, I will go out of my way to show you how you're taking me for granted. I'm like that drug dealer, who sells to his addicts at low low prices for a period time, then when they're hooked on that good shit, he jacks up the price. What're the addicts going to do? Find a new dealer? You kidding me? Finding a new dealer is even harder, it's like trying to find a new girlfriend/boyfriend. You have to feel them out, you have to figure out whether the new dealer is a cop or not, all of that stuff that comes with. So the dealer let's the addicts know: I know you're used to me selling you at low prices, I know you expected me to always sell to you at low prices, so I jacked up the price to give a wake up call, ya junkie. 



That's how it is in my line of work. I was working for different folks, designing for them for an awesome deal, then when they expected and assumed I was their little personal army, I gave them a wake up call. 


I don't play that game. I'm not someone's bitch boy, and I won't settle for nothing less than what I think I am worth. Which is, I am worth business. When you didn't want people to know that I designed those pieces, when you wanted to take all the credit, when you pretty much told me to stay behind the scenes so that you can take all of the shine, well, I had to be that nice warm cup of Foldgers. 


You see, I can't get any business when people don't even know who fuck I am. That's what irked me the most. I can't get any new customers or a customer base when people don't even who I am and what I do. If someone says "man I love that shirt, I'm thinking of starting my own line, who did your work? Can I contact him?" You're supposed to say "Yeah man, I appreciate that, yeah I got a dude who also owns a line of his own and he does some design work for me, here's his phone number/email, hit em up". No, you want to be on some I did it all myself or something like, I have an artist that does all my stuff, and don't give any info on who the artist is. Ghetto, trifling mindset, I tell you.


I don't feel entitled to anything...hold up, I DO FELL ENTITLED TO THINGS, because why? I PUT IN WORK! I don't just sit around complaining, I suck it up and do work! That's what I do.

But when you're expecting or assuming that I do something for you, I atleast feel entitled to some sort of monetary compensation or a shout out or credit or something. What the hell you think I got in business for?

I don't do this for my health, I'll tell you that much

No comments:

Post a Comment