Pages

Venting: F#$k Freebies!

Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Man, I'm going to vent really quick. I'm so glad I stopped associating with the people who were so used to me doing free work for them. I did in the beginning to just help out and hopefully build a rapport and portfolio. I was raised that, if you help someone, they should be able to help you in return. Not that I was expecting anything in return, but I for one have faith in humanity, so I give everyone the benefit of the doubt. But no, it was just a quick "thanks" and that's that. Then they give that BS promise "I'll help you promote your company" blah blah blah. Firstly, I don't really need the help, I have a strong team and we're always learning and Second, I have yet to see you really help with promotion anyway. Ha, you're a joke.

Or, all those meetings at the store, going over different clothing pieces, talking business, what's the next step, and all you're talking about is YOUR IDEAS and YOUR DESIGNS. Whenever I asked about MY products and direction of MY company, you just give a quick answer and go right back to YOUR ideas. You're not a client nor a business partner, you're a LEECH. I'm not even mad nor angry because I learned a lot of valuable info working with these individuals, a lot of priceless info as well, but I will not associate myself with those types of people anymore. I seriously am upgrading my life just I'm upgrading my clothing company. It feels good. I'm back at square one, but it feels GOOOOOOOODDDDDDD.

Now, on another topic related to freebies. When it comes to giving away free products to artists. I am going to be strict when it comes to that. Many folks will probably hate me, which is good, hate can be great marketing. As I said before, I'll only sponsor artists who meet my company's requirements.

Also, the blogs, I'm going to be sending some free stuff to blogs, but only specific blogs, ones that I believe will help with the image and those that are professional and mature as well. Just not any run of the mill blogs. it's going to be a challenge, but it's going to be a challenge that I will gladly accept.

No comments:

Post a Comment