Pages

Can You Compete With Someone Like Me?

Tuesday, July 23, 2013
Can You Compete With Someone Like Me? The Tshirt Millioniare

Can you compete with someone like me?

This is going to be a short but sweet post. I was browsing some of the top posts on /r/entrepreneur on Reddit.com to get some motivation today and came across a cool post that really got me motivated and thinking. It was a question someone posted asking members of that board how they made their first million. The first reply was really cool as the guy pretty much broke down how he did it. He pretty much learned every skill that was involved in the building of his business. He had to learn simple architecture, he had to learn accounting, he even had to learn how to cook. Every skill that was involved in the start-up of his successful business. He then asked the original poster a question that really just made me nod my head with extreme vigor: Can you compete with some like me? Kinda reminds me of me. When I started my first business. I didn't know a thing about clothing, graphic design or just business in general. I taught myself all I know. Hell I just spent the past 5 to 7 days learning HTML so that I can start my app development business. Whenever people approach me about how they're starting a business or they want to start their own company, I just shake my head a bit because I can tell that they just think it is simple as saying "I want to start a business" and that's it. No skill involved. Wrong, it takes skill, it takes many skills to start a business and see it grow. So from now on, I'm going to ask people that when they tell me they're going to start a business, can you compete with some like me?

No comments:

Post a Comment