Pages

Being Half Way Successful Pt. 2 + New Business Venture

Monday, July 1, 2013
It's weird now how I developed a strong need to want to provide something of value to society in regards to business. You know, if you own a restaurant, you're feeding people, a Web business provides content and information to people, and owning and selling real estate gives people a place to live or gives their business an office.

Clothing brands, honestly don't contribute much value to society. I may catch heat for it, but I will explain my feelings towards that. When I owned my own clothing brand, all I was providing was a luxury, a want. Someone may shell some extra cash to buy a t-shirt or a hoodie from me. Most sales that I made was from people who had to wait until they had extra money to buy my products. That's not a need, at all, and it's dangerous to depend on that. It's hard to attain millions when you depend on wishy-washy sales and revenue. I need something that gets me paid everyday, every week, every month. Also, of course this has to involve the least amount of involvement as well. That's what is called, Fastlane. It's one of the best ways to attain lots of money, fast.

With that said, I'm sort of a hypocrite, because I am the Lead Designer of a clothing business, as well as manager. I design for that brand and pretty much run the day to day operations of this brand and start-up. But, I will say, this is my last clothing-based product before I am out for good. Cashin' out. It's tough to leave the biz I admit, because I still have other owners and players in the local market who still hit me up with  the desire to work with me and do a venture with me. I just fell out of love with the business, because everyone is doing it. Every one and their mom thinks that they can start their own clothing label. It's funny and frustrating at the same time. The clothing biz just gets on my nerves, heavily.

But while I'm in this deal, and I'm under contract, I'd figure I'd try to make myself and the owner very rich, hopefully very quickly while not depending on just stupid-ass clothing sales. I will tell exactly what I will be doing, and I'm not scared about anyone stealing these ideas because they're my ideas, these ideas are made to the public and anyone can implement them, it just takes a lot of work, which separates the men from the boys.

1. Social Media
I was looking at a few people who are self-made millionaires from taking advantage of social media. At first in my head I'm like "okay yeah, twitter?! how do you make money off of that?!". The answer of course is a bit complex, but in a nutshell: utilizing the right people with the use of Social Media can boost sales and more importantly help leverage joint ventures/deals (which is what I'm aiming at, JV's and Deals or Endorsements).   I have a technique in place, but of course, there are dozens of ways to accomplish this.

2. Content 
This aspect will take a bit of work and it will take some effort and brainwork. Content. Photos and Videos. All of that will show the brand's lifestyle and day to day operations and activities. It worked wonders for Wiz Khalifa, who is now a multi-million dollar earning recording artist. He had the Daytoday vlogs and that was probably one of the best forms of marketing I've ever seen. I've already got the owner, to go talk with some local photographers and videographers to hire, I am hoping they won't be too expensive, but on the flip side, expensive alot of times does equate to quality, and it's all about quality.

3. Deals And Joint Ventures 
This is one the things that many in the clothing biz don't either think about or don't have the know how to utilize. This factor is the factor that gets you paid while not depending solely on sales. If you can garnish a big following, it will be a lot easier to leverage an Endorsement or a deal or joint venture. Liquor companies, clubs, bars, all of those. These companies are just waiting until a hip and smart brand comes along and presents a good deal to them to do a venture together. I do not believe it takes millions to do that, it does take money, which will not be much a problem at this point, but it also takes a solid plan and concrete proof that you have a big enough following for them to take advantage of with the sale of their product.


I believe focusing on these 3 factors instead of just sales, will help put this brand to a level beyond what the owner had even envisioned. It will take a lot of work, it won't be easy but it will pay off and it will pay off big. Of course with me being the brains behind it, it'll be fun and cool to see and to show the owner of the brand what I can do and it should also make him step up his game as well and to look at this as a business, not just a chase for fame, glory, and supercars, but an actual business that maybe one day can help him attain those things. But first he has to realize, and maybe already has realized that you have to provide some sort of value to society in order for society to fork over their hard earned money. More updates and posts to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment