Pages

Retail Hell? Why Not Heaven?

Sunday, May 6, 2012
So I went out and got myself a part time job. In Sales. The type of job I have nightmares about. Sales. Sales jobs always scared me, I used to try my best to avoid sales positions. Especially in the Retail environment.
Ironically, being a business owner in the clothing retail industry, I never was a good seller, and my past failures at sales jobs made me terrified of them. You'd think, someone who owns a business such as mine would be a great seller. A gifted Seller. Nope. I never was a strong seller.

So, what did I do? Get a job in sales! Yup. That's exactly what I did. it's funny, because I am a month in, and I love this job! See, being an entrepreneur who dropped out of college, I had to find some way to learn. Some way of education that had hands on experience at the same time. For free. So getting a job in sales is just that! Free education, hell, they're even paying me to learn this stuff.

I was scared at first, very scared. Rejection always scared me. It always bothered me. I often questioned if I was ever going to be a good seller. Until now, I have to question no longer, because each and every day I'm learning a ton and sharpening my sales skills everyday. I never thought I'd be happy doing a sales gig.

HOW DOES THIS TRANSCEND OVER TO MY BUSINESS?

One of the main concerns, when I first started this part time job was, am I going to have enough time to build my business while working? I was scared shitless that I was going to get lazy due to this job and just forget about my company. I was terrified about that, because then I'd be laying my dreams, goals and aspirations to rest. But really, I think that this job increases the motivation.

Though I'm not working on it too much right now, I think I will be grinding away this next couple months, starting this week. I'm getting closer to my goals, I feel it. Everyday I go in to work this part time job, my energy is always cranked up to 9000 (LOL nerd joke) and I'm always going the extra mile. Why? Because I am a business owner. I AM A FUCKING BUSINESS OWNER. 

Everyday that fuel is burning. I meet new people every day because of this job and I"m going to take advantage of that as I progress each day. Retail can be hell, but I feel like it's HEAVEN. I have fun everyday, and each da my sales skills get better and better, I"m impressing myself!

This Year though, is going to be a great year for me and my business, I FEEL IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment