Pages

Pride Is All I Have, Because I Ran Out Of Fucks

Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Without Pride, I Ain't Shit

I was scouring my facebook just a little while ago, actually like 5 minutes ago literally. One of my more "religious" friends (we all love our religious folks, NOT) posting a status about "Pride keeping us from our blessings", all I heard was that classic record scratch you hear in those 1950's cartoons "rivvirr!". I really want to say "motherfucker! pride is all I have! without that, I ain't shit and I won't have shit in life!".

Who's idea was it to say that pride is bad? I mean don't be an arrogant asshole in life, but who the fuck said to not think highly of yourself? Look if I didn't think I was the shit, no one else would either! Point blank period! That's it!  Those who don't agree are more than likely not successful. So I can't tell myself everyday that I am awesome, fabulous, sexy and smart? Who the fuck else is going to tell me that? I can't wait around for someone else to compliment me, if I did, I'd be waiting at least 5 days between compliments.

I no longer have any fucks to give, so pride and confidence I have a ton of. And I ain't runnin' out of that any time soon. When I gave a fuck, shit didn't happen for me, nothing good happened for me. Because I cared too much to make any serious moves. Risky moves, the moves that yield high rewards.

At the same, I am humble as hell, but the humility I keep on the low, I only show it when necessary, when helping my fellow man. I show my humility when I show my desire to make a change in society so that we all as human beings can progress in this cold yet exciting world. But more often than that, I must wear my armor, which is confidence and pride. If people don't like it, I've definitely done something right. So if it ain't broke don't fix it, carry on. i have to go work this shitty 9 to 5 now. Zero Fucks Given.

No comments:

Post a Comment