Pages

Why A Millionaire Wants To Help Secure Funding For My Product *pay attention*

Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Ha, what a title huh? You would think I 'made it'. I chose that title for a reason, and I will state that this title will not be misleading in any way, there is a ton of truth in that title, a truth that many won't understand, but another many will.

I had a chance to have drinks with a self made millionaire. A young, cool guy, someone who'd most think wouldn't have as much as he does. Had a chance to talk with him, and funnily enough, I didn't realize until after I mentioned it that I was working on an app that will cater to businesses using ecommerce.

Of course, I gave no details as I am not a dumb person, because without a patent, this idea and execution can easily be stolen and/or replicated with very little consequences. But after describing vaguely of what my goals, and what value my product will provide to other business owners, the guy was more ecstatic about this project and idea than I was. It just let me know that I am on to something. Gotta keep working on it. But these 5 factors are what helped me not only get connected with him, but a few other players that have insane access that may be able to assist on making this thing a reality.

1) I didn't ask for any money. Why should I? I have enough to support myself and I'm damn sure going to be making enough again to sustain myself and to fund this project. We had a candid conversation about folks who ask for money when they have an "idea", he disclosed that had I asked for some type of financial help, he would have ended the conversation promptly. don't ask for money, it makes a person look worthless, like you are not able to help yourself. I simply asked for a price on a Developer or Development team

2) I spoke about my project as if it's already in the market. I learned this in retail sales, you've got to paint a picture, whether it's for prospective clients or investors. They can't see your idea, they can't read minds, you have to help them visualize. Explain how this product is helping others, explain how this product helps a person do this, do that, talk in present tense, no hypothetical talk.

3) Confidence and Passion. The fact that I even spoke about my product as if it is the second coming of Christ, though I haven't even completed writing the plan and making the blueprint of it yet, shows that when I do launch the product, it will definitely gain traction, because of me, I trust in my brand as much as I trust in myself, it gives them the impression that it will be very hard I will fail.

4) Value, I simply tell people what my product offers, what it can do for them. I keep it short and sweet. No need to talk peoples' ear off, cut to the chase. This is what my product does, this is how it will help your business, it will solve this problem and increase revenue. Save the fluff talk for Public Speaking class.

5) I don't take myself too seriously. My chill nature, while still remaining professional, is what attracts people to me. If I stutter, or say something wrong, I joke about it. I smile when I speak, I remain positive. People don't like intense personalities, you give folks anxiety when you are coming off as high strung or intense. Just calm down, it's just money, it will come when you just relax and just focus on your goal. Even now, where I am not working and I'm living off of my money I had made from earlier this year, I always tell myself that, even when I'm broke, I will make money again, it's gone now but not forever. Whether I get another job, or one of my businesses or executed ideas take off, I will get it again, plus some and each every time I do, it will be more than the last. So I just chill out and remained focused on my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment