Pages

To Tammy, Rest In Peace, Love

Tuesday, July 23, 2013
So this past Friday, night, I was out with a business partner of mine and one of our interns having a few drinks, when I got the phone call: my cousin Tammy had passed away. Because this was the the third loved one to die within the past 8 or so months from the same family, I didn't really have a reaction like the previous. Though it does hurt and I will miss her, but this only raises the question: how many more do we have to lose before my family changes their lifestyle? Addiction runs rampant in my family, I've suffered the crippling effect of addiction myself, it's not easy, and sure as hell not pretty. The circumstances in which she passed was a real shocker too, could almost write a movie off of it. I mean it involves addiction, a triangle of love and deceit, family drama, the whole nine.

Anyway, I just wanted to dedicate a post to her, she was a great person, a person full of love, a person of virtue. She was too young to go the way she did. It was so weird, because she was just in town visiting, we hung out, did shots together, joked around, all that. Just crazy how you're here one moment and you are gone the next. R.I.P. Tammy, I love you and I will miss you greatly, but I know the suffering is over now.

No comments:

Post a Comment