Pages

Why I Chose Entrepreneurship

Tuesday, August 20, 2013
Why I Chose Entrepreneurship

Why I chose Entrepreneurship

Why I chose to own my own business

I think a lot of my friends and family think of me as "that guy" who is always starting a new business venture left and right in a never ending search for riches. In reality, it ain't just the riches I am after. Rather, I can still die happy if I never become a millionaire. People assume that I'm some money hungry opportunist because I am an entrepreneur, but that's plenty far from the truth

Being an entrepreneur is so much more than just looking for riches. It's so much more than just owning a $100,000 car and a 50,000sq ft home. It's something much deeper than the material possessions and fat wallet. It's the feeling of living off of something you created, and watching something you created grow and become something great.

It's the freedom of doing what you want to do in your own company without the risk of losing your position within said company. If you want to sell using a weird method you created, you can do that. If you hate selling and just wish to automate a formula in which your products will be put in front of the eyes of your potential customer base, then so be it, you can do that. You are the boss of your own company, and you very well could be the boss of others if you hire anyone.

Even when I was younger, I always knew deep down that a person in this country can live his or her life working for themselves. You don't have to get a job for the rest our existence, do we? Is it bullshit to even dream of being a CEO of a company you created? Is it just a dream to imagine running your own show while reaping the financial rewards that is insanely more than that of a 9 to 5?

I chose this path because one day, one day, I know that I'll be waking up everyday, at any time I want, checking my bank account, seeing how much revenue my company made overnight, while contemplating if I want to go to the beach for while or just hang out at the restaurant bar and watch TV for a few hours. I know that one day, I'll make enough money to have my freedom to do whatever it is I want. I know that one day, I will be giving opportunity to others to have a job, to start a career, or to even make a difference through my enterprises

More importantly, I know that one day I'll confirm that I can have all the nice things in life without having had to sacrifice over half my life working a wage-slave job to attain these nice things. If I have to waste most of my life to get those things, then what is the point of even having them?

No comments:

Post a Comment