Pages

Losses...Lose to Gain Pt. 1

Tuesday, July 24, 2012
Losses 

I remember a while back, when I felt like a failure, when shit came tumbling down on me, I came across a quote that said something like "you gotta lose to gain". I used to never understand stuff like that; It took me a while to understand that sort of mindset. Then I thought about the word sacrifice. You hear all the time from successful rappers, athletes, and I guess businessmen too. "You gotta sacrifice, I made it because I sacrificed." Blah, blah, blah, sacrifice. I always asked myself, what the fuck is a sacrifice; what the hell do I have to sacrifice?Come to find out: friends, my own money, dignity, I sacrificed all of that.

Recently, my beloved girlfriend lost her dog. Put to sleep. It was weird though. Since losing my dad back in '99, I remember my mom and sister always, I mean always saying these exact words "good things come in threes". What they didn't tell me, was that bad things came in threes as well. It was like, in my life, I always experienced things in three's. Good and bad. For my girl, she had three GREAT things goin' for her this year, immaculate credit, that SHE built on her own, new car, a sick new phone. But I guess one thing didn't fit in those three blessings, her dog.

Losing that dog, I don't know, made me change. I think I was already changing,but I think losing the dog, was the last straw. It was like, losing that dog, symbolized everything that I fucking lost. It reminded me of how the world doesn't give a shit what was lost, the world only cared about what I can give it. It made me, sad, angry, but most of all, it made me hardened. It was like, I lost a person I knew and loved and it made me want to just say, fuck it, it's time to stop fuckin' around. I'm changed now. I think it's a good change, but I know it's dangerous at the same time.

I realized, life is short. And after seeing that dog gone, I realized it's too short to just wither away, wishing and hoping. I'm ready to grab my balls and get back in the game and make this fuckin' money. I'm an entrepreneur dammit, and I'm a designer too.


Lose to Gain

After losing all of that steam last year, I realized this: After that heavy loss last year, it's time to gain. After seeing what I could do last year, I know I could do it better this year, build this shit even bigger, but all because of me. I know that I have to change, and I did change. I'm out for blood now. I'm out to build an empire while destroying another, because those fuckers destroyed me before. Not this time. I'm ready.

I lost but now I'm ready to gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment